Friday, February 13, 2015

Remembering Joah Style, and the Mystery of Adoption

My boy, now four, and now mine (and his mother's and his sister's), legally and permanently, for 3 years; I am filled with gratitude. Joah asked to celebrate his Finalization Day at Taco Bell.

Intense about tacos - Cool Ranch, beef and cheese only

Indulging

I have thought a lot about adoption in general, adoption biblically, and my own experience of adoption. And certainly I have considered why it is that God has adopted me and the possible reflection of that motivation in my own adoption of my children. I believe there is one. If asked why I have adopted my daughter and son there are multiple reasons. But chief among them is the most simple, I wanted them. And when asked why He has adopted any of us, God says a similar thing. He says it was for the good pleasure of His own will (Ep 1). He wanted us. Mystery of mysteries.
 
Remember that you should exalt His work. . .
Job 36:24

No comments:

Post a Comment