Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Plain Speech

Several days back I watched a television interview of Roger Clemens. If you don't know, Roger is a former Major League Baseball pitcher who is about to be tried for perjury. He has a reputation for being a "tough guy". He pitched and carried himself that way. But in this interview those asking the questions could not get one straight answer out of him. He is not willing to verbally own up to his choices, of which he always seemed so proud. The tough guy is hiding behind long answers that communicate nothing. He reminded me of politicians, who NEVER say "yes" or "no" to a "yes or no" question. I want to strive to not be that way. I don't want to give my answers with public opinion in mind. But I will, except for the grace of God that convinces me of His love for me that liberates me to be honest while I rest in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment